Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer 2009

We sure had a great summer this year. Since I haven't been blogging much lately, I thought I would do one big post, now that summer is coming to an end. It will officially feel like summer is over once Bren starts school next Monday.


AUGUST
We attended the Jones reunion and had a great time. I didn't have very many pictures to show for it.
Addi also turned 2 this month. Everytime she would see a bike she would tell me that she wanted to ride one. and I would have to tell her, "i'm sorry Addi, you don't have one to ride." So of course, that was the perfect gift for her birthday. Along with a new easel and many more fun prizes. She was in heaven when brennon walked in with the bike. She was very excited this year to blow out her candles and could hardly wait.
Addi also got her first hair cut. A big thanks to Aunt Kelsie for doing a fabulous job. I was a little worried that her curls would be cut off. That was definitly not the case as you can see in the picture.











JULY
Bren and I made a quick weekend trip to Las Vegas. We left Addi with her grandparents. We had a great relaxing time. We saw the Lion King while we were there , did some shopping, and spent some time walking the strip.
My mom let Addi and I join her on her trip to visit my Brother and his family in Georgia. We had a great time. I hadn't been out since they have lived there. Addi had a great time with her cousins. We had to pack the three carseats in the back of their van so that we could all travel together. I was not very good at taking pictures. Luckily, my Mom and Ali were. We did a lot of fun things while we were there, including touring the CNN center and going to a Braves game.









MAY-JUNE
Over memorial day we went to the zoo. Bren and I hadn't been there for a long time. Addi seemed to enjoy it but I think she will like it a lot more once she is one year older. definitly hope to make it a yearly trip.

In june we attended the manti pagent with bren's family.
I had never been. We had a fun time.



7 comments:

Ashley said...

Love all the pictures! Your cake turned out great! Too dang cute! Love you all, and still miss being your neighbors... :)

Kristalyn said...

Fabulous! We love to see what you are up to & wait for your new posts! We stink as cousins for not having you around more often. We'll work on that. ;D Addi is so big! I still can't believe how cute she was when you came for dinner!

Kristalyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gracie Jones blog said...

LOVE the cake! It's sooo cute! You'll have to give me some cake lessons before Gracie's big day next month...can't wait to see Addi in action on her new bike, it's so cute! :)

Payne Family said...

What a busy summer!! great pics I had never seen. I can't believe how big the Georgia boys are and how different Kelsy looks with blond short hair, cute. Sorry that you have to go back to school Bren Boo Hoo:) Check ya later

Jill T said...

Finally an update! Hooray! So glad to see that you are doing well and that Addi had such a happy birthday. I was looking at that picture of Brennon helping push her with her trike and I was thinking how that would have been such a smart idea for Izabella!

Your fish cake turned out so cute! You have always been so talented in the kitchen. Speaking of which, will you send me your sugar cookie recipe when you get a chance?

Thanks again for updating!

Katie Jane said...

You are so stinking cute! I think we should meet in Idaho and have a craft day and whip up some fun stuff for our ladies! I still think we need to have a girls getaway, you still in?