Wednesday, November 7, 2007

For all you Peanut Butter Lovers!

Well, about a week ago Brennon had a bad day. So I decided to make his favorite cookies.... Peanut Butter. I decided to find a recipe on the internet to try. I found this recipe, and decided to try it....Well bren took some cookies to have on his way to school. He called me a few minutes after leaving to tell me that these peanut butter cookies were that best that he had ever had. If you are a peanut butter cookie lover. You should give this recipe a try. Let me know if you like it.

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 Cream the butter for 2 minutes. Add the sugars, cream for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the sugar butter mixture.

2 Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours. ( I refrigerated for only about 2 hours and they worked out just fine.)

3 Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Hill! I found your blog through a friends! Your baby is so so cute and I am so excited for you guys! How is being a momma? Let me know how you're doing.....hope to see you sometime soon!

Hutchison said...

One adorable little lemon! Hi Hill Just thought I would leave you a little note to see how life as a mom is treating you. You are gonna put all other house wives to shame with your cooking and craft skills. I had better step it up, Your Quilt turned out so Cute.

Nicole said...

Hi Hill!

I found your blog through megs too! We miss hanging out with you guys too...We don't have any friends!! :)Addi is a DOLLY! Good Job you two! I want to see her! We definatly need to get together over Thanksgiving, we will surely be around. Give us a call. Darling quilt by the way!!

MegiJones said...

Hey guys-we didn't know you were blogging!! Love the pics of new little Addison. What a cutie! Glad to hear all is going well and we're glad we can keep in touch better now! Talk to you later!

Megi and Ty